Ana Nurhasanah Surjanto shared her story engaging with the Australian Football or Aussie Footy. Through her involvement with the sport, Ana also found the relationship between the sport and women empowerment.
In the News
- Bandara Internasional I Gusti Ngurah Rai – Bali melakukan penambahan rute dari ataupun menuju Australia. Hal tersebut terlihat ketika maskapai Batik Air menambah konektivitas Bali dan Australia dengan beroperasinya rute baru yaitu Melbourne–Denpasar–Melbourne, pada Kamis. (BALIPUSPA News)
- The ABC can reveal approval is routinely given for Australian-made lethal technology to be sent to Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Indonesia, but the federal government insists careful consideration has been given to each decision. (ABC News)
- Batik Air mulai melayani penerbangan langsung atau tanpa henti rute Bali ke Sydney dan Melbourne, Australia. Maskapai anak usaha Lion Air Group itu terbang perdana menuju Sydney dan Melbourne melalui Bandar Udara Internasional I Gusti Ngurah Rai, Denpasar, Bali. (Bisnis.com)
- Indonesia is relocating its capital city from Jakarta to a site more than 1,000 kilometres (620 miles) away in the rainforests of Borneo Island. The project is set to launch at the end of President Joko Widodo’s term in 2024. (Kalkine Media)
- The year 2023 is the year of the Albanian government’s commitment to hold a referendum on the Indigenous Voice to Parliament. 20 years ago, the former Howard government finally decided not to do so. The Howard Government considered the council’s recommendations in 2002, rejecting outright three of them. (SBS Indonesian)
- AIYA Indigenous Engagement Events! The Kumpul Committee was established to connect with and celebrate the Indigenous cultures of both Australia and Indonesia.
- JOIN AIYA ON DISCORD! AIYA would like to cordially invite you to join our Discord, an online group-chatting platform. We will be using Discord a digital hub for AIYA activities including:
- Games nights – AIYA will be hosting casual and impromptu gatherings on Discord
- Ngobrol Santai – any AIYA member will be able to join and chat with other members whenever you want.
- JOIN AIYA FLEX – our online language exchange now moved to Zoom! It is open to anyone with any level of Indonesian and English, and held monthly on the first Sunday of the month at 1pm WIB/4pm AEST. Starting on 4 September, join FLEX here (a recurring link).
- JOIN AIYA LANGUAGE EXCHANGE (IN-PERSON or ONLINE!) LX is back in multiple locations across Australia. Connect, chill, and converse with like-minded youth, meet new friends and engage in cross-cultural exchange. In-person language exchange is on:
- ACT: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Marie Reay Building, ANU. Follow @aiya_act on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- NSW: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Online on Zoom. Follow @aiya.nsw on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- VIC: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Gallery Room, Multicultural Hub, 506 Elizabeth St, Melbourne VIC 3000. Follow @aiya_victoria on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- YOGYA: Biweekly on Mondays, 7pm, Lokio Cafe. Follow @aiya.yogyakarta for more info.
- ACICIS Yogyakarta is looking for student buddies who are currently enrolled at a university in Yogjakarta and have an intermediate level of English proficiency to join the team. Send your CV to [email protected] by 9 Jan. more information here.
- Center for Indonesian Policy Studies is looking for policy researchers for a 6-month program where you will learn the skills necessary to work at a think tank and grow your expertise in Indonesian policymaking. Apply here by 13 Jan.
- IA-CEPA ECP Katalis is seeking a Short Term Adviser Copywriter/Editor to support various communications-related writing assignments in English, and report to the Katalis Communications Adviser. Apply by 17 Jan here.
- IA-CEPA ECP Katalis is seeking a Lead Trade and Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion (GEDSI) Adviser to lead the integration and mainstreaming of GEDSI across all Katalis activities and strengthen GEDSI through bilateral trade and investment opportunities. Apply by 30 Jan here.
- Register now to take part in the 17th Indonesian Film Festival Short Film Competition. The theme for the Competition is “Magnum Opus”.
- The Australia-Indonesia Centre is launching its online Talent Accelerator Program (TAP), aimed at increasing the impact and leadership of early career researchers across Indonesia and Australia. Apply here.
- The University of Sydney is looking for candidates for a domestic funded PhD scholarship that includes a small budget for field-work to look at coverage and equity in the South East Asia Region including Indonesia. The candidate will have the option to explore interests in migrant border, gender issues and identifying pro-equity strategies to reach under-served populations. Ideally the candidate will start in semester one of 2023, to enable alignment with other projects. There is flexibility in shaping the project to their interest. Please contact A/Professor Meru Sheel ([email protected]) for further information.
- ACICIS is looking for campaign volunteers to be part of a national initiative – aimed at shifting Australia’s monolingual mindset and promoting the study of languages among Australian university students. Apply here.
- Do you have a great Indonesia-Australia business development idea that needs connecting and support? Submit your ideas to Katalis through its business portal here. Proposals can be submitted all year, and will be subject to approval from the governments of Indonesia and Australia.
- Piaget Education and Petra Christian University Surabaya are offering scholarships for international teachers of all subjects to join a uniquely designed Master Program of Education Leadership Management, inclusive of stipends and airfares, that will prepare graduates to become competent professionals at educational institutions. Send your CV to [email protected] to submit your interest.
- Lakoat Kujawas is calling for proposals for the art residency program 2021-2022! The community of Taiftob Village, Mollo, NTT is open for collaboration with interdisciplinary artists and food activists. More info here.
- Bukalapak, an Indonesian-based tech unicorn with over 100 million users, 2 thousand plus employees, and a brand new office opening right here in Melbourne! They are looking for multiple positions in Jakarta, Sydney and Melbourne. Apply here.
- DFAT has established the Emerging Markets Impact Investment Fund (EMIIF) which seeks to support development ideas across the Indo-Pacific region. If you have a bright development idea consider applying for support here.
- DT Global (KIAT) is opening various employment opportunities and current tenders. Find out more here. KIAT works with its government partners across Indonesia to deliver a range of large and small projects to improve access to infrastructure for all Indonesians.
- Australian Volunteers is temporarily suspending overseas placements but are continuing to support partner organisations through remote volunteering. If you’re interested in volunteering in-country then check-out a range of opportunities here.
- Australian Government is receiving applications for the Working Holiday Maker program that allows young adults to have a 12 month holiday, during which they can undertake short-term work and study. More info here.
- The Australian National University is offering a course on introduction to Indonesia’s economy and policy environment. This is a chance to learn from world experts on the Indonesian economy in a two-day intensive course. More info here.
- Inside Indonesia publishes original pieces on a wide range of political, social, environmental, and cultural issues in Indonesia. They accept articles from people who have an interest in Indonesia. To find out how to contribute, click here.
- Career Insights: Graduate Programs in International Affairs In this article, YAIA has pulled together a curated list of graduate programs with an international focus, across federal Government departments and agencies, state and territory governments, and the private sector, that are available to apply for in 2023. Find out more here.