First up, we’re really excited to introduce CAUSINDY: the Conference of Australian and Indonesian Youth. It’s a bilateral youth conference which will take place at the Australian National University in October this year. To hear more about what we have planned, be sure to join our Facebook page, and sign up on the CAUSINDY website.
- The New York Times profiles Saratoga Investama Sedaya, Indonesia’s largest private equity firm.
- On the ASPI’s Strategist blog, Australia and Indonesia on boats and jokes.
- The Guardian Australia dissects this week’s Julie Bishop/boats saga, prompted by an article discussing the Coalition’s foreign policy priorities.
- Two Monash graduates are taking its Malaysia by storm with an Indonesian-Western restaurant.
- In the Diplomat, Borobudur and Indonesia’s Buddhist past.
- Join our discussion on LinkedIn: is a Jokowi candidacy a done deal?
Events and opportunities..
- Interested in teaching English in Jakarta or Sumatra? Teaching positions are available for for conversation classes on a six month contract, including visa, accomodation, and travel. Contact I Made Andi Arsana for more information.
- AIYA Victoria are working with Asialink to hold a panel discussion on creative connections between Australia and Indonesia.
- Applications for the position of AIYA’s website editor close today.