Pemerintah Provinsi Bali akan menyebarkan daftar aturan terkait perilaku yang diperbolehkan dan yang dilarang saat berlibur ke Bali. Aturan ini juga sebagai peringatan turis asing bisa dideportasi atau dibatalkan visanya. (ABC News)
In the News
- Tourists entering Bali will be forbidden from swearing, touching sacred trees or climbing structures under strict new rules aimed at cracking down on bad behaviour. (9News)
- Australia’s spies played a crucial part in catching the Bali bombers — but that story has remained mostly a secret, until now. (ABC News)
- Mahalnya biaya penitipan anak di Australia telah membuat sejumlah orang tua asal Indonesia pilih untuk tidak bekerja, sampai mengurungkan niat untuk menambah anak. (ABC News)
- Kedutaan Besar Australia di jakarta mengatakan bahwa Wakil Perdana Menteri Richard Marles akan berkunjung ke Indonesia dan Vanuatu untuk melakukan pembicaraan tingkat tinggi dengan sejumlah mitranya pada tanggal 5-7 Juni. (Antara News)
On the Blog
- The New Colombo Plan (NCP) scholarship is a signature initiative of the Australian Government that aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia by supporting undergraduates to study and undertake internships in the region for up to 19 months. In 2023, 150 scholars received the NCP Scholarship, with only 8 being awarded the scholarship for Indonesia.
- Read NCP scholars’ experience in submitting successful applications on AIYA Blog here.
- AIYA Indigenous Engagement Events! The Kumpul Committee was established to connect with and celebrate the Indigenous cultures of both Australia and Indonesia.
- AIYA Kumpul has an upcoming book club, spotlighting one perspective of Australia’s multicultural history based on Ryan Butta’s “The Ballad of Abdul Wade”. The book features the lives of the Afghan cameleers who were pioneering forces of national transportation in colonial Australia. Mark your calendar and join this event on Sunday, 4 June at 5pm AEST / 2pm WIB here.
- Interested in joining our First Nations Book Club? Join the WA group here and/or the FB group here to keep up to date.
- JOIN AIYA ON DISCORD! AIYA would like to cordially invite you to join our Discord, an online group-chatting platform. We will be using Discord a digital hub for AIYA activities including:
- Games nights – AIYA will be hosting casual and impromptu gatherings on Discord
- Ngobrol santai – any AIYA member can join and chat with other members whenever you want.
- JOIN AIYA FLEX – our online language exchange is open to anyone with any level of Indonesian and English! It is held monthly on the first Sunday of the month at 1pm WIB/5pm AEDT. Join FLEX here (a recurring link).
- JOIN AIYA LANGUAGE EXCHANGE (IN-PERSON or ONLINE!) LX is back in multiple locations across Australia. Connect, chill, and converse with like-minded youth, meet new friends and engage in cross-cultural exchange. In-person language exchange is on:
- ACT: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Marie Reay Building, ANU. Follow @aiya_act on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- NSW: Every Thursday, 6:30pm, alternating between in-person and online on Zoom. Follow @aiya_nsw on Instagram or Facebook for more info or find the schedule here.
- VIC: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Kathleen Syme Library and Community Centre. Follow @aiya_victoria on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- YOGYA: Biweekly on Mondays, 7pm, Lokio Cafe. Follow @aiya.yogyakarta on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- Charles Darwin University is hosting a 4-Day Indigenous Diplomacy Intensive Workshop on 17-20 July. Register here.
- AIYA Victoria is looking for more committee members for their 2023 committee. Apply and find more info here.
- Inside Indonesia is looking for a reliable volunteer to help with uploading a few articles to the website every couple of weeks. Please send your interest to [email protected]
- DT Global is looking for a People & Culture Officer (Learning and Performance) based in Jakarta to provide support related to learning and capacity development. Apply here by 5 June.
- Australia Awards in Indonesia have opened applications for their The Australia Awards Short Course on Digital Transformation – Policy and Practice. Apply here by 11 June.
- DT Global is looking for a Senior Manager based in Jakarta to assist the Asia team and support their development programs in Indonesia. Apply here by 11 June.
- Find out if you are eligible to receive a New Colombo Plan Mobility Grant here.
- Kolaborasi Pengetahuan dan Inovasi Australia Indonesia (KONEKSI) is calling for expressions of interest for the Australia-Indonesia Research Collaboration Grants 2023. Apply here.
- Asia Education Foundation is looking for students to participate in a 3-week virtual Indonesian Language learning program for 44 x Year 9 students in Victorian schools. Express your interest here.
- Indonesia Australia Language Foundation (IALF) is looking for AEF Program Manager to provide support on its international programs. More info here.
- The Jakarta Bintangs is an Australian Football Club with membership open to women, men and children of all nationalities, ages and ability. Beginners are most welcome. The club organizes games throughout the year. Most games are played in Jakarta, with occasional games across Indonesia and overseas. Tours are planned to Bali, Batam, Vietnam and Thailand this year. Trainings are held mostly held at Lapangan Bola Aldiron in Jakarta on Saturday or Sunday afternoons. On occasion, trainings are also held Thursday nights in the GBK complex.To keep up to date with training schedule follow them on Instagram @jakartabintangs, or contact Han on 081119337855. For more information click here.
- Would you like to travel, intern and make lifelong friends in Indonesia for free? Value Learning is sending out an Expression of Interest for the Australian Indonesia Youth Exchange Program. Register here.
- DT Global is looking for a Senior Communications Officer based in Jakarta to support the clear communication of KIAT’s policy priorities and achievements in the Indonesian infrastructure sector to Indonesian and Australian audiences. Apply here.
- USYD is looking for a Communications and Events officer responsible for producing all communications and marketing material in consultation with the Director and Deputy Director, managing our social media presence and website, coordinating, and promoting all events and activities, and liaising with other professional service units as required to fulfil these tasks. Apply here.
- Mosaic Connections is looking for a Communications Manager to lead with planning and developing social media campaigns. Apply here.
- The Australia-Indonesia BRIDGE School Partnerships Program will establish 10 new school partnerships between Australian and Indonesian schools. This will include 10 Australian schools and 10 schools from across Indonesia, including schools, madrasahs and pesantren from primary (SD/MI) and secondary levels (SMP/MTs, SMA/MA/SMK). Find the application form for Indonesian schools/madrasahs here and the form for Australian schools here.
- The Australia Awards Scholarships are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government to the next generation of global leaders to obtain a Masters or PhD from an Australian tertiary institution. Applications for these scholarships are open now until the 1st of May.
- Register now to take part in the 17th Indonesian Film Festival Short Film Competition. The theme for the Competition is “Magnum Opus”.
- The Australia-Indonesia Centre is launching its online Talent Accelerator Program (TAP), aimed at increasing the impact and leadership of early career researchers across Indonesia and Australia. Apply here.
- Do you have a great Indonesia-Australia business development idea that needs connecting and support? Submit your ideas to Katalis through its business portal here. Proposals can be submitted all year, and will be subject to approval from the governments of Indonesia and Australia.
- Bukalapak, an Indonesian-based tech unicorn with over 100 million users, 2 thousand plus employees, and a brand new office opening right here in Melbourne! They are looking for multiple positions in Jakarta, Sydney and Melbourne. Apply here.
- DFAT has established the Emerging Markets Impact Investment Fund (EMIIF) which seeks to support development ideas across the Indo-Pacific region. If you have a bright development idea consider applying for support here.
- DT Global (KIAT) is opening various employment opportunities and current tenders. Find out more here. KIAT works with its government partners across Indonesia to deliver a range of large and small projects to improve access to infrastructure for all Indonesians.
- Australian Volunteers is temporarily suspending overseas placements but are continuing to support partner organisations through remote volunteering. If you’re interested in volunteering in-country then check-out a range of opportunities here.
- The Australian Government is receiving applications for the Working Holiday Maker program that allows young adults to have a 12 month holiday, during which they can undertake short-term work and study. More info here.
- The Australian National University is offering a course on introduction to Indonesia’s economy and policy environment. This is a chance to learn from world experts on the Indonesian economy in a two-day intensive course. More info here.
- Inside Indonesia publishes original pieces on a wide range of political, social, environmental, and cultural issues in Indonesia. They accept articles from people who have an interest in Indonesia. To find out how to contribute, click here.
- Career Insights: Graduate Programs in International Affairs In this article, YAIA has pulled together a curated list of graduate programs with an international focus, across federal Government departments and agencies, state and territory governments, and the private sector, that are available to apply for in 2023. Find out more here.