Direktur Pembinaan Program Migas Direktorat Jenderal Minyak dan Gas Bumi Kementerian ESDM, Mustafid Gunawan menyampaikan bahwa kolaborasi ini akan menjadi dasar hubungan kerjasama antara Indonesia-Australia serta mendorong dan mempromosikan kerjasama bilateral di bidang energi bersih dan terbarukan di Indonesia.
In the News
- Indonesian student numbers in Australia have been in freefall for decades. Scholars, teachers and education leaders have sought to solve this problem and their quest has garnered dramatic labels such as ‘holy grail’, ‘missing link’ and ‘perfect storm’. (Melbourne Asia Review)
- Menteri Koordinator Bidang Politik, Hukum dan Keamanan (Menko Polhukam) Mahfud MD bertemu dengan para diaspora Indonesia di Melbourne, Australia. (Republika)
- Usai Kongres FIFA ke-73, Ketua Umum (Ketum) PSSI, Erick Thohir bertemu dengan Presiden Federasi Sepakbola Australia (FFA), Chris Nikou. (Oke Bola)
- Direktur Pembinaan Program Migas Kementerian ESDM Mustafid Gunawan mengatakan ini merupakan indak lanjut Letter of Intent (LoI) The Establishment of Energy Dialogue yang ditekan bersama Department of Climate Change, Energy, The Environment Water (DCCEEW) Australia. (Katadata)
- A one-million-dollar grant to boost Indonesia’s exotic animal disease testing capability will help protect Australia from diseases like lumpy skin disease (LSD) and foot and mouth disease. (Mirage News)
In late February, Joko Widodo’s official social media feed showed him conducting the affairs of state from a small hut set amongst a forest of trees. This was his second overnight stay on the site of the future Presidential Palace in the yet to be built new capital city (Ibu Kota Negara, IKN). Since announcing the move from Jakarta to East Kalimantan in 2019, this has become a pet project for the second term president, which many interpret to be his final legacy before he steps away from the top job in 2024. Dr Jemma Purdey chats to Associate Professor Eka Permanasari, Associate Professor in the field of urban design, architecture and Southeast Asian Studies at Monash Indonesia. Listen here.
- AIYA Indigenous Engagement Events! The Kumpul Committee was established to connect with and celebrate the Indigenous cultures of both Australia and Indonesia.
- JOIN AIYA ON DISCORD! AIYA would like to cordially invite you to join our Discord, an online group-chatting platform. We will be using Discord a digital hub for AIYA activities including:
- Games nights – AIYA will be hosting casual and impromptu gatherings on Discord
- Ngobrol Santai – any AIYA member will be able to join and chat with other members whenever you want.
- JOIN AIYA FLEX – our online language exchange now moved to Zoom! It is open to anyone with any level of Indonesian and English, and held monthly on the first Sunday of the month at 1pm WIB/4pm AEST. Starting on 4 September, join FLEX here (a recurring link).
- JOIN AIYA LANGUAGE EXCHANGE (IN-PERSON or ONLINE!) LX is back in multiple locations across Australia. Connect, chill, and converse with like-minded youth, meet new friends and engage in cross-cultural exchange. In-person language exchange is on:
- ACT: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Marie Reay Building, ANU. Follow @aiya_act on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- NSW: Every Thursday, 6:30pm, alternating between in-person and online on Zoom. Follow @aiya_nsw on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- VIC: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Gallery Room, Multicultural Hub, 506 Elizabeth St, Melbourne VIC 3000. Follow @aiya_victoria on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- YOGYA: Biweekly on Mondays, 7pm, Lokio Cafe. Follow @aiya.yogyakarta for more info.
- Australian National University will host a webinar on ‘Linking economic nationalism with global value chain: Indonesia’s nickel sector industrial policies’ on 22 March at 12:30 AEDT. Register here.
- University of New England is hosting “Nongkrong Yuk!”, a chill, weekly online Indonesian conversation gathering where speakers/learners of all levels are welcome. The 2nd episode of this event will be held on 22 March, 14.00-15.00 AEDT/10.00-11.00 WIB. Dyo Pamungkash will lead the conversation. If interested, please contact Jane pr Indra via email for the Zoom link: [email protected] (Jane), [email protected] (Indra).
- AIBC NSW is hosting a networking event with The Australian Ambassador to the Republic of Indonesia Her Excellency Ms Penny Williams PSM at Austrade in Sydney on 3 April at 5:30pm. Register here.
- AIY ACT and AIBC ACT are hosting a networking event at the Duxton on 23 March at 6pm. Register here.
- Monash University is hosting a seminar about ‘The Indonesian Dream of Studying Abroad: Understanding its Implications for Subjectivity, Political Futures, and the Analysis of Intellectual Exchange’ at the Monash Clayton Campus and on Zoom at 12pm on 31 March. Click here for more information and to register.
- AIYA National is looking for a Kumpul Committee Officer to join our team. Further information on @aiya_national and apply here by 23 March.
- AIYA Victoria is looking for more committee members for their 2023 committee. Apply and find more info here.
- Find out if you are eligible to receive a New Colombo Plan Mobility Grant here.
- DT Global is looking for an Administration Support Officer (ASO) to assist Prospera Management Support Team (MST) in ensuring various operation outputs are delivered professionally, more effectively and in a timely fashion. Apply here by 23 March.
- CAUSINDY is back and looking for delegates to travel to Yogyakarta on 24-27 May for the conference. Apply here by 28 March.
- DT Global is looking for an Office Coordinator, based in Aceh, who can be responsible for day-to-day provincial office management, including maintaining excellent working relationships with relevant stakeholders, administrative and logistical services, small-scale procurement and supporting financial administration. Apply here by 28 March.
- DT Global is looking for a GEDSI Lead will be responsible for developing and delivering PROAKTIF’s GEDSI Strategy and ensuring that GEDSI principles are well integrated into all stages of program planning and implementation. Apply here by 28 March
- Arkblu Capital is a multi-asset private investment firm primarily focused on the venture capital asset class in Indonesia. They are currently recruiting for an Executive Assistant to support a driven and high performing leadership team in the execution of business projects and strategy on a day-to-day basis. Read more on how to apply here by 31 March.
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is looking for a Senior Program Manager who will be required to undertake work that is complex in nature and to work under limited direction, with the opportunity for reasonable autonomy and accountability. Apply here by 31 March.
- International Internships is looking for university students wanting to intern in Indonesia. Apply here by 2 April.
- Kolaborasi Pengetahuan dan Inovasi Australia Indonesia (KONEKSI) is calling for expressions of interest for the Australia-Indonesia Research Collaboration Grants 2023. Apply here.
- Asia Education Foundation is looking for students to participate in a 3-week virtual Indonesian Language learning program for 44 x Year 9 students in Victorian schools. Express your interest here.
- Darmasiswa, a scholarship program from the Indonesian Ministry of Education and Culture is receiving applications from foreign nationals aged 18-27. See the requirements here. Apply by 7 April.
- Indonesia Australia Language Foundation (IALF) is looking for AEF Program Manager to provide support on its international programs. More info here.
- The Australian Awards Scholarship applications are now open. Apply here.
- The Jakarta Bintangs is an Australian Football Club with membership open to women, men and children of all nationalities, ages and ability. Beginners are most welcome. The club organizes games throughout the year. Most games are played in Jakarta, with occasional games across Indonesia and overseas. Tours are planned to Bali, Batam, Vietnam and Thailand this year. Trainings are held mostly held at Lapangan Bola Aldiron in Jakarta on Saturday or Sunday afternoons. On occasion, trainings are also held Thursday nights in the GBK complex.To keep up to date with training schedule follow them on Instagram @jakartabintangs, or contact Han on 081119337855. For more information click here.
- Would you like to travel, intern and make lifelong friends in Indonesia for free? Value Learning is sending out an Expression of Interest for the Australian Indonesia Youth Exchange Program. Register here.
- USYD is looking for a Communications and Events officer responsible for producing all communications and marketing material in consultation with the Director and Deputy Director, managing our social media presence and website, coordinating, and promoting all events and activities, and liaising with other professional service units as required to fulfil these tasks. Apply here.
- Mosaic Connections is looking for a Communications Manager to lead with planning and developing social media campaigns. Apply here.
- The Australia-Indonesia BRIDGE School Partnerships Program will establish 10 new school partnerships between Australian and Indonesian schools. This will include 10 Australian schools and 10 schools from across Indonesia, including schools, madrasahs and pesantren from primary (SD/MI) and secondary levels (SMP/MTs, SMA/MA/SMK). Find the application form for Indonesian schools/madrasahs here and the form for Australian schools here.
- The Australia Awards Scholarships are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government to the next generation of global leaders to obtain a Masters or PhD from an Australian tertiary institution. The Scholarships have been an important component of the Australian Government’s aid program in Indonesia since 1953. Through study, research and networking, scholarship recipients develop the skills and knowledge to drive change and help build enduring people-to-people links with Australia. Applications for these scholarships are open now until the 1st of May.
- Register now to take part in the 17th Indonesian Film Festival Short Film Competition. The theme for the Competition is “Magnum Opus”.
- The Australia-Indonesia Centre is launching its online Talent Accelerator Program (TAP), aimed at increasing the impact and leadership of early career researchers across Indonesia and Australia. Apply here.
- Do you have a great Indonesia-Australia business development idea that needs connecting and support? Submit your ideas to Katalis through its business portal here. Proposals can be submitted all year, and will be subject to approval from the governments of Indonesia and Australia.
- Bukalapak, an Indonesian-based tech unicorn with over 100 million users, 2 thousand plus employees, and a brand new office opening right here in Melbourne! They are looking for multiple positions in Jakarta, Sydney and Melbourne. Apply here.
- DFAT has established the Emerging Markets Impact Investment Fund (EMIIF) which seeks to support development ideas across the Indo-Pacific region. If you have a bright development idea consider applying for support here.
- DT Global (KIAT) is opening various employment opportunities and current tenders. Find out more here. KIAT works with its government partners across Indonesia to deliver a range of large and small projects to improve access to infrastructure for all Indonesians.
- Australian Volunteers is temporarily suspending overseas placements but are continuing to support partner organisations through remote volunteering. If you’re interested in volunteering in-country then check-out a range of opportunities here.
- Australian Government is receiving applications for the Working Holiday Maker program that allows young adults to have a 12 month holiday, during which they can undertake short-term work and study. More info here.
- The Australian National University is offering a course on introduction to Indonesia’s economy and policy environment. This is a chance to learn from world experts on the Indonesian economy in a two-day intensive course. More info here.
- Inside Indonesia publishes original pieces on a wide range of political, social, environmental, and cultural issues in Indonesia. They accept articles from people who have an interest in Indonesia. To find out how to contribute, click here.
- Career Insights: Graduate Programs in International Affairs In this article, YAIA has pulled together a curated list of graduate programs with an international focus, across federal Government departments and agencies, state and territory governments, and the private sector, that are available to apply for in 2023. Find out more here.