AIYA Links for 10 May, 2013
We’re conducting a survey into the attitudes and opinions of young people towards the future of the Australia-Indonesia relationship. If you haven’t already, tell us what you think!
- Following on from last week’s general election in Malaysia, Edward Aspinall writes a fascinating comparison between Indonesian and Malaysian elections for New Mandala.
- On the same topic, SBS’ Indonesian program interviewed a Malaysian PhD candidate about the poll.
- Inside the Indonesian Newsroom: ‘the good, the bad, the hopeful‘.
- Jokowi isn’t a fan of bir pletok.
- Recent films and publications are opening up new truths about Indonesia’s past.
- Indonesian businesses are planning to invest in Australian cattle stations.
- ‘Provoking peace’: how Christians and Muslims in Ambon have learned to live together following a 1999-2002 civil war.
- A letter to the Financial Review discusses sovereign risk in Indonesia.
- Next year’s Presidential election will be a ‘social media campaign‘.
- Make major changes and take risks: Gita Wirjawan’s twin-pillared strategy to further boost trade
Events and opportunities..
- AIIA WA is holding a ‘Careers Without Borders’ event this Monday in Perth
- Also on Monday, AIYA Victoria are holding a social night at Bali Bagus in North Melbourne