This week, we released our submission to the federal government’s Indonesia country strategy. Jess Laughlin, who helped prepare the submission, has written a short blog post summarising our key recommendations, and the results of our recent survey. Read the post, and download the full submission, right here.
In other news..
- “Learn Chinese, but don’t stop there”: the International Herald Tribune on Asia-literacy.
- Is Australia’s commentary on live cattle exports offending Indonesia?
- Indonesia’s push for low cost green cars “has automakers salivating“.
- The Guardian on Indonesia’s growing film industry.
- Despite a tight turnaround time, the first round of applications for AsiaBound grants was oversubscribed.
- Responses to Taufiq Kiemas’ death from SBY, The Jakarta Post, Channel NewsAsia and ANTARA.
- A profile on two teachers from Singleton, NSW headed to Indonesia as part of the AsiaBound program.
- Has Indonesia taken a sudden shift to the left?
Events and opportunities…
- Don’t forget to register for AIYA Victoria’s event with Asialink next week: a panel discussion on creative connections between Australia and Indonesia. Registration is free, and includes Indonesian catering!
- Q&A is heading to Jakarta! If you’ll be around on the 1st of July, sign up to be a member of the audience through their website.
- ACICIS are looking for a full time Secretariat Office, to be based at Murdoch University in Perth. More information on our jobs board.
- Sydney’s Suara Indonesia dance group have put up a Pozible funraiser to tour Europe. More info here!