AIYA Links for 21 June, 2013
- Boats, beef and Bali: the changing shape of Australia-Indonesia relations.
- Indonesia is planning to use rain-making technology to put out fires across Sumatra and Riau.
- The Victorian government reopened its representative office in Jakarta this week.
- Julia Gillard heads to Jakarta in a fortnight to meet with SBY.
- Bill Farmer AO discusses future challenges in the Australia-Indonesia relationship at the Australian Institute of International Affairs.
- Prices for BBM will increase for the first time in five years, after a cut in subsidies was passed by the government this week.
- Some new videos from ACICIS put a spotlight on Yogya: they’ve released clips with local band FSTVLST and a puppet theatre, amongst others.
- AIYA Victoria is now on Twitter! Check out their profile for photos from Wednesday night’s event at Asialink.
- On a related note, the federal government this week announced new awards to support Australian artists in Asia.
Events and opportunities…
- Applications to join the audience for Q&A in Jakarta next month are still open! If you’ll be around, don’t forget to register through their website.