Senior Analyst, Analyst and Intern at Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI)
The Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) is offering some fantastic opportunities for those with expertise in the strategic and defence and security policy fields.
Openings are available for Senior Analyst and Analyst positions (based at ASPI in Canberra) whose responsibilities would include:
- Support the ASPI Research Program by conducting qualitative and quantitative
- research on specific topics for publication;
- Support the ASPI Engagement Program by leading or assisting in various ASPI
- events including 1.5 Track Dialogues, Conferences and Roundtables.
- Contribute to and support the drafting of research papers and policy briefs, including
- literature reviews, editing and reference management; and
- Lead and/or participate in ASPI corporate activities as required by the Executive
- Director and collaborate with external stakeholders.
The position requires relevant tertiary qualifications and/or professional experience in ASPI’s areas of focus, which are:
- International defence and security, including regional defence capabilities
- Alliance and multilateral security relationships
- Australian defence capability development and budgeting
- The strategic dimensions of international economics
- Defence and security research and journalism
- Security aspects of cyberspace
- Australian national security policy.
Foreign language skills would, of course, be a plus!
Full details on the positions and how to apply can be found at the ASPI job listing.
ASPI is also looking for applicants for its prestigious Research Internship Program, the applications for which open on 4 November. Take a look at the ASPI jobs page for more information.