The Jogjakarta Community School is seeking an “experienced, committed and versatile teacher” to lead its Early Years Classroom:
The position will have responsibility for teaching a small multi-grade class as part of an innovative program. In addition to small class sizes, you will be supported in the classroom by an Indonesian Team teacher.
JCS has a strong community orientation, and strives to provide an internationally relevant education that is grounded in the local context. JCS is a small community school providing an international education in English to children from Pre- School to Year 11. JCS students include expatriate and Indonesian children. The Early Years Foundation Stage, Primary and Key Stage 3 teaching is based on UK National Curriculum with an emphasis on international learning.
The school welcomes applications from candidates who meet the following selection criteria:
- Experienced and accredited/certified teacher able to teach a multi-grade class of Reception and Key Stage 1 students (4-7 year olds). Experience teaching UK National Curriculum and Cambridge Curriculum is desirable but not necessary.
- Strong and informed educationalist with an international perspective. Experience living and
- teaching in Indonesia is an advantage.
- A versatile teacher who can respond to diverse demands and challenges
- Collegiate and collaborative team-player, with excellent inter-personal skills and cross-cultural
Applications close on the 3rd of November, 2013. For more information on the position—and applying—download the full job advertisement.