In the news
- Indonesia has a new parliament for the 2014-2019 term, with legislators sworn in this week. The WSJ spoke to some newcomers.
- The coalition of parties that supported Prabowo Subianto’s presidential candidacy has moved quickly to take control of parliamentary leadership positions.
- The Economist asks: where does this conflict lead to?
- Markets appear worried about the prospect of incoming president Jokowi having a hostile parliament to deal with.
- Planning for holidays in Indonesia can be challenging, but the WSJ reports on how new travel sites and apps are trying to change this.
- Inside Indonesia’s latest special edition focuses on contemporary design and architecture in Indonesia.
- New analysis from ASPI sets out two paths for the incoming president: reform, or economic stagnation.
- The recent Indonesia Update Conference at the Australian National University was billed as a retrospective on the SBY years. Video of the presentations is now available on YouTube.