AIYA Links: 10 October
Work with us
AIYA is on a roll, with the recent launch of our Yogyakarta chapter, the success of the second CAUSINDY conference, and many more great events around Australia. That’s why we’re looking for two new volunteers to assist with managing the AIYA Blog and AIYA’s social media accounts. Check out the details here!
In the news
- Indonesia: home to the oldest art in the world? Archaeologists have discovered cave paintings in Sulawesi estimated to be 40,000 years old.
- The president-elect still hasn’t cut enough deals to ensure a parliamentary majority, as his opposition promises to play hardball.
- The uncertain political situation continues to hurt Indonesian financial markets.
- A new Boston Consulting Group survey reveals that international professionals aren’t as keen on working in Indonesia as they ought to be.
- The Journal of Democracy features two new articles (here and here) on Indonesia’s 2014 elections.
On the blog
- AIYA’s Iona Main caught up with @ElizabethPisani, author of the widely-acclaimed Indonesia etc, during her visit to Sydney.
Jobs and events
- Get experience working with local NGOs in the Yogya area with AIYA Yogyakarta’s great new volunteer program!
- At the AIYA Job Board: new positions are available at the Australian Embassy in Jakarta.