From SBY to Jokowi
- President SBY will hand over power to former Jakarta Governor Joko Widodo on Monday after a decade in office—here’s the schedule for inauguration day.
- Prime Minister Tony Abbott will be in Jakarta to see the new president sworn in.
- SBY’s presidency is getting mixed reviews from local and international observers: here’s the Jakarta Globe’s editorial, a critical assessment by John McBeth in the Straits Times, and @YohanesSulaiman‘s take in The Conversation.
- In September, ANU’s Chris Manning and Hall Hill together with University of Canberra’s Riyani Miranti took stock of SBY’s economic legacy.
- The Lowy Institute’s new report considers how the new administration will build on SBY’s foreign policy achievements.
- The Wall Street Journal takes a look at the Independence Palace, Jokowi’s new digs.
- Jokowi is keeping his cards close to his chest when it comes to his new cabinet.
Events and opportunities
- Canberra, tomorrow, 11:00—17:00: the Indonesian Embassy will host its annual Festival Indonesia open day. Best sate ayam in town!
- At the AIYA Job Board: two great opportunities at the Sydney Southeast Asia Centre in administration and communications.