AIYA Links, 31 October: Working Cabinet
In the news: Jokowi’s team
- President Joko Widodo announced Indonesia’s new ‘Working Cabinet’ last Sunday, which features a record number of female ministers.
- @ConnellyAL has good analysis of what it says about the new president’s policy priorities.
- Tim Lindsey says that the new cabinet reflects the compromises the president has to make with parties, while @EdwardAspinall says that it isn’t a reformist cabinet after all.
- Finance Minister Bambang Brodjonegoro speaks to Bloomberg, and Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi outlines her foreign policy vision.
- One minister we’d like to have a beer with: seafood and aviation entrepreneur turned Maritime and Fisheries Minister, Susi Pandjiastuti.
Events and opportunities
- AIYA KongKow Bareng, Melbourne, tomorrow night: come along to a great social evening at the Clyde Hotel as part of the AIYA National Conference—RSVP through the Facebook event.
- ‘The Jokowi Era’, Melbourne, 5 November: AIC will host a forum with Debnath Guharoy, Tim Lindsey and Andrew MacIntyre on what lies in store for the Jokowi administration.
- AIBC will also host a business forum on the same topic in Melbourne on 12 November—details here.
- ACICIS is looking for ‘interested alumni to provide input into the conception, planning and implementation of ACICIS’ 20th Anniversary celebrations‘.
- AIYA is looking for a Researcher to conduct research as part of a project on Australia-Indonesia youth relations. Check the AIYA Job Board for details.
Photo above: Merdeka.com