In the news
- President Jokowi faces his first major political controversy after nominating former presidential adjutant Budi Gunawan as the new chief of police.
- The Financial Times scores an interview with the president.
- As Southeast Asia gets its manufacturing mojo back, a new survey says Indonesia’s a prime target for new factories.
- At Inside Indonesia, a look at how the marginalised street vendor community mobilised in last year’s elections.
On the AIYA Blog
- From Yogya to Queensland: read uni student Janu Muhamad’s diary of his Australian experience as part of a homestay exchange program (Bahasa Indonesia).
Jobs and opportunities
- Want to blog for AIYA? We’re looking for volunteer contributors for both English and Indonesian language content.
- Applications for the Indonesian government’s Darmasiswa Scholarship Program, which offers one-year scholarships for foreign students to study the language, arts and culture of Indonesia, are now open.