In the news
- News to shock nobody: Jakarta officially has the world’s worst traffic.
- Get set for more macet: auto manufacturing in Indonesia is still on a roll.
- President Jokowi tells Bloomberg Business that inequality is one of his top concerns.
- One of his ministers sparked outrage by linking second hand clothing imports to HIV/AIDS.
- Inside Indonesia revisits previous analysis of the politics of capital punishment as two Australian citizens await execution in Indonesia.
- Another hot bilateral issue at II: Antje Missbach on the challenges of rescuing stricken asylum seekers.
At the AIYA Blog
- Indonesia joins the rest of the world in tackling food security challenges this century, writes Dwi Sunandar.
Events & opportunities
- Canberra, 17 February, 18:00—ANU Journalist in Residence Hamish MacDonald wil speak to the Australian Institute of International Affairs on ‘Jokowi: modern man of the people or divine clown?’
- AT the AIYA Job Board: our friends at ACICIS are looking for an Information and Community Technology officer to work from its Yogya office.