In the news
- Jakartans have suffered another bout of flooding after heavy rains early this week.
- The death penalty is again a top order issue, with the Australian parliament appealing for mercy for Australian drug mules on death row in Indonesia.
- The New York Times investigates the rogue prosecutors ‘putting the innocent in jail’.
- Don’t miss Inside Indonesia‘s latest issue, focusing on Indonesia’s progress towards the Millennium Development Goals.
- We definitely don’t endorse ‘rooftopping’—but check out this spectacular Indonesian Instagram project anyway.
At the AIYA Blog
- Love at second sight: Michael Reardon on when a holiday in Indonesia feels like coming home.
Events & opportunities
- Get colourful: keen to join AIYA Victoria’s Colour Run team? Check out the Facebook event here.
- Work with us: AIYA is looking for candidates to be a part of our National Executive.
- More great opportunities at the AIYA Job Board: In-country Support Officer at the Global Fund to End Slavery (Jakarta), Volunteers at the Australia-Indonesia Centre (Melbourne), Primary Classroom and Secondary English & Humanities Teacher at Jogjakarta Community School, and details of the 2015 Australia Awards Scholarships.