AIYA would like to wish all those celebrating Chinese New Year a safe and happy Year of the Goat. 恭喜發財!
In the news
- The annual displays of Chinese culture have marked the celebration of the lunar new year across Indonesia.
- President Jokowi has announced his compromise solution to the conflict between the police force and anticorruption commission.
- Indonesia’s central bank unexpectedly lowered interest rates yesterday amid restrained inflation and economic growth.
- Bloomberg asks: if Indonesia is hungry for foreign investment, why is adding to red tape for expat workers?
- Waleed Aly says the prime minister’s linking of foreign aid and clemency have ‘taken [Australia] to a dark place‘.
- The ASEAN Economic Community: an EU-like common market in Southeast Asia?
On the AIYA Blog
- Letter from Borneo: Alex Murfett on the good friends and good work of the 2014-15 Australia-Indonesia Youth Exchange Program in South Kalimantan.
Events & opportunities
- On the AIYA Job Board: UNSW is looking for a Jakarta-based Relationship Manager for its international marketing activities.
- Get Colourful: join AIYA Victoria’s Colour Run team on 1 March! Details here.