In the news
- Indonesia-Australia relations are still under pressure after a Jakarta court’s rejection of a challenge to the denial of clemency to two Australians on death row.
- A strong series of articles this week at The Conversation:
- At The Drum, Diane Zhang runs the numbers on capital punishment in Indonesia.
- A setback for Indonesia’s auto industry as General Motors shuts its Bekasi factory.
- Check out some photos from the recent AIYEP Youth Dialogue, held in partnership with AIYA Jakarta.
On the AIYA Blog
- AIYA blogger Clarissa Tanurahardja on the Jakarta governor shaking things up in the capital.
Events & opportunities
- Canberra, 12 March: Australian-educated former Indonesian Trade Minister Dr Mari Elka Pangestu will deliver the 2015 Harold Mitchell Lecture on development policy.