In the news
- Anxiety about a weakening Rupiah dominated debate in Indonesia, with the central bank announcing steps to stabilise markets.
- In a confronting letter, the only Indonesian set to be executed for drug crimes has told the media he is a victim of the Indonesian criminal justice system.
- Rizal Panggabean in The Conversation on how weak law enforcement in Indonesia breeds a tradition of mob justice.
- Despite tough official rhetoric, many Indonesian voices support abolishing capital punishment, says Lowy Interpreter blogger @Catriona_CC.
Audio & video
- Don’t miss Al Jazeera’s @StepVaessen sit-down interview with President Joko Widodo.
- Sidney Jones (@SidneyIPAC) spoke to the Lowy Institute about Indonesian radicals and the Islamic State.
At the AIYA Blog
- Sooji Kim catches up with Empat Lima, ‘a Melbourne based female rock band inspired by 1960s Southeast Asian girl groups’.
Events and opportunities
- At the AIYA Job Board: EngageMedia is seeking a candidate for a senior role in overseeing its regional programs, partnerships, fundraising and grant management.