We’re thrilled to announce that Darwin will host CAUSINDY 2015, exploring the long heritage of cultural and trade exchanges between Indonesia and Northern Australia.
Interested in applying to be a delegate to CAUSINDY? Don’t miss the upcoming information nights in Jakarta, Melbourne, Sydney, and Canberra.
AIYA would like to wish all of our Muslim friends and their families a safe and happy month of Ramadhan, whether in Australia or Indonesia. Ramadhan mubarak!
In the news
- In Jakarta, a cabinet reshuffle draws nearer as underperforming ministers receive media flak.
- In Fairfax papers, John Garnaut warns of the strategic risks for Australia of letting the relationship deteriorate amid tensions over people smuggling.
- In a feature on the relationship’s problems, the Jakarta Globe cites AIYA’s championing of dialogue as being part of the solution.
- Groundhog day: the Lowy Institute’s annual poll shows many Australians are still distrustful and ignorant of Indonesia.
- Don’t miss former Fairfax Jakarta correspondent Michael Bachelard’s experiences from Indonesia’s Papua provinces at the Lowy Interpreter.
- Check out the analysis and policy recommendations in the ANU Defence & Strategic Studies Centre’s new paper, A Strategy Towards Indonesia.
- Drug policy reform advocates argue Indonesia’s recent crackdown is failing.