In the news
- On the 70th birthday of the Australia-Indonesia Association, Hamish McDonald looks back to the beginning.
- President Jokowi hosts private meetings with fund managers to talk up investment.
- At Inside Indonesia, researcher Satri Adi Wicaksono sounds the alarm on Indonesia’s vulnerability to climate change.
- After the Hercules disaster in Medan, focus turns to renewing Indonesia’s air force.
- ‘Still optimistic’: former ambassador Bill Farmer speaks to ANU’s Greg Fealy about the relationship.
- In the latest edition of Strategic Review Indonesia:
- A popular new ojek-ordering app sparks turf wars with the traditional motorbike taxis in Jakarta.
Events & opportunities
- Volunteer for NAILA: we’re looking for volunteers to help organise the inaugural event of the recently-announced National Australia Indonesia Language Awards.
- SYDNEY, TONIGHT: the Australia-Indonesia Association celebrates its 70th anniversary tonight in Rose Bay.