In the news
- The World Bank’s latest Indonesia Economic Quarterly touts the role of government investment as the private sector slows.
- In a Bloomberg interview, Vice-President Jusuf Kalla says China’s economy is of top concern to policymakers.
- Exactly a year after his election, President Jokowi suggests to top editors that it’s time to refresh his government.
- On Melbourne University’s new Indonesia at Melbourne blog:
- @_DaveMcRae_ podcasts with Dr Evi Fitriani of Universitas Indonesia on foreign policy under Jokowi
- @HendriYulius: same-sex marriage isn’t on the horizon in Indonesia, but steps towards a gay-friendly national identity are possible
- Academic/longer reads: check out new articles on vote-buying, corruption, and ideology in Indonesia in the latest Bijdragen tot de taal-, land- en volkenkunde.
Events & opportunities
- Deadline extended—volunteer for NAILA! The newly-announced National Australia-Indonesia Language Awards needs volunteer team members in the lead up to its official launch. Get involved in this great new inituative.
- ONA Opportunities: the Office of National Assessments (ONA) is advertising Canberra-based positions analysing Indonesian affairs. More info at the AIYA Job Board.