AIYA Links: Salam Idulfitri 2015/1436H
Kami di AIYA mengucapkan Selamat Hari Raya Idulfitri 2015/1436H. Semoga perayaan Lebaran ini aman dan menyenangkan bagi Anda dan keluarga.
In the news
- The Australian beef industry was taken aback by large cuts to imports to Indonesia this week.
- Prof Riva Octaviani from the Bogor Agricultural Institute argues that it’s about economics, not politics.
- The New York Times looks at the Sulawesi mayor who’s become an unlikely champion for victims of anti-communist violence in 1965-66.
- At Inside Indonesia, a look back at the Soeharto regime’s notorious Buru Island political prison.
- The Gold Farmers: New Mandala features a striking photo essay on illegal gold mining in West Kalimantan.
- Tech in Asia goes to meet the old-school ojek drivers who feel under threat from GoJek and GrabBike.
At the AIYA Blog
- As Indonesian Muslims celebrate Idulfitri, Clarissa Tanurahardja reflects on how the last month of Ramadhan has been a time of deepening connections to faith and family.