AIYA Links: 31 July
In the news
- Bad times, bad policy? Economists Arianto Patunru and Sjamsu Rahardja criticise rising protectionism in their new Lowy Institute Paper.
- Stability and stagnation: political experts look back at the Yudhoyono decade in a new book.
- At Inside Indonesia, Bronwyn Duke on the human cost of capital punishment in Indonesia.
- The debate over Ken Ward’s paper on the Australia-Indonesia relationship continued this week at the Lowy Interpreter blog.
- Dina Afrianty highlights the unfinished business of disabled citizens’ access to higher education in Indonesia.
At the AIYA Blog
- Courtney Saville looks back at what she has gained personally during to her time as a Hamer Scholar in Indonesia.
Events & opportunities
- Melbourne, 7 August: don’t miss a rare opportunity to see the spectacular Kuda Lumping ritual trance performed at Arts Centre Melbourne. Details at the Facebook Event.
- Join AIYEP in 2015-16: applications to be a part of the Australia-Indonesia Youth Exchange Program are now open.
- Startup opportunity: Kuala Lumpur-based Servishero is advertising a number of positions to support its expansion into Indonesia. Details at the AIYA Job Board.