In the news
- Julie Bishop is back in Indonesia to hand over the Chairmanship of the Indian Ocean Rim Association.
- Jokowi’s latest economic stimulus package tweaks regulations to boost private investment.
- The president and a senior minister signalled Indonesia’s openness to joining the TPP.
- New Trade Minister Tom Lembong concedes Indonesia is ‘way behind the curve’ on free trade deals.
- The World Bank’s latest Indonesia Economic Quarterly highlights intensifying external risks, universal healthcare, and housing affordability.
- Commuters beware: half of Jakarta’s busway fleet is deemed unroadworthy.
Events & opportunities
- At the AIYA Job Board: QUT is potentially seeking a Welfare Officer as part of a cross-border short course program.