In the news
- Jokowi’s visit to Washington was marked by a flurry of business deals and a pledge to bring Indonesia into the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- Analysts highlighted how politically challenging it will be to follow through on the TPP ambition.
- The president also thrilled Indonesian expats with a promise to permit dual citizenship.
- At the Lowy Interpreter, a profile of Indonesia’s no-nonsense fisheries minister, Susi Pudjiastuti.
- At Inside Indonesia, Nicholas Metherell on the dire state of maternal health in eastern Indonesia and what Australia is doing to help.
At the AIYA Blog
- At a recent AIYA QLD seminar, speakers sought to put a bit of positivity into how we talk about the relationship.