AIYA Links: 27 November
Congratulations to the awardees of the first National Australia Indonesia Language Awards! It was a great night as NAILA held its inaugural networking and awards ceremony at Allens in Melbourne, with Foreign Minister Julie Bishop sending her congratulations via video and Shadow Treasurer Chris Bowen showing off his own Indonesian language skills.
In the news
- CAUSINDY alumni caught up with Australia’s Shadow Treasurer (and keen Bahasa Indonesia student) Chris Bowen to speak about the relationship this week.
- The New York Times explains how Indonesia’s moderate Islamic leaders are confronting Islamic State ideology.
- Check out the Jakarta Globe’s extensive coverage of reform discussions at this week’s Indonesia Economic Forum.
- @_DaveMcRae_ chats to election expert Titi Anggraini about Indonesia’s upcoming local polls.
- Renowned animal husbandry expert Temple Grandin applauds Australia’s cattle welfare safeguards for Indonesia.
- Blast from the past: Indonesia-Australia Report on former prime minister John Gorton’s 1968 visit to Indonesia and how language skills came in handy.
At the AIYA Blog
- Andrei Febrian menjelaskan bagaimana pemerintah Indonesia bisa mengurangi dampak bencana asap.