In the news
- Top pollster @BurhanMuhtadi looks at how realpolitik limits President Jokowi’s ambitions.
- Australian cattle producers are positive on the beef trade with Indonesia predicted to import 600,000 cows in 2016.
- From Kalimantan, Ward Berenschot investigates how local politics gets in the way of solving Indonesia’s deforestation and haze crisis.
- ABC reports on the prejudice affecting the fate of an orphanage for HIV-positive children in Surakarta.
- At a transgender-friendly mosque in Yogyakarta, the New York Times takes a look at the status of Indonesia’s waria community.