AIYA Links: 5 February
In the news
- Indonesia’s GDP growth sped up slightly in the December quarter, again breaching 5%.
- Rapper Indonesia sat down with Australia’s Ambassador in Jakarta, Paul Grigson, to chat bilateral policy challenges, tourism, and coffee.
- Writer Eliza Vitri Handayani (@elizavitri) on the enduring problem of censorship in democratic Indonesia.
- Kate Walton looks at how the Pancasila doctrine is being used to brand LGBT citizens as ‘un-Indonesian’.
- A new report from the Institute for Policy Analysis of Conflict maps out pro-ISIS support networks in Indonesia.
At the AIYA Blog
- How AIYEPers in West Kalimantan hosted their own Hottest 100 contest on Australia Day.
Events & opportunities
- Please give a hand to a University of Sydney PhD research project by sharing your views on Indonesian soft power in this quick survey.
- Applications for Asialink Business’ prestigious Sydney-based Internship Program are now open.
- Be a part of the AIYA team: we’re looking for a Blog Editor to curate our lively forum for young Australians and Indonesians.