In the news
- Indonesia’s reformist trade minister Thomas Lembong will visit Australia this month to restart talks on a comprehensive bilateral trade deal.
- Nikkei speaks to tech investors excited about the Jokowi government’s focus on the digital economy.
- A Jakarta restaurant gets some free publicity after an alleged homicide involving an Australian resident.
- A huge planned offshore LNG project in the sea between Australia and Indonesia has become a political football.
- The FT travels to East Kalimantan to see why Norwegian donors face challenges in discouraging deforestation in Indonesia.
- Lowy Interpreter: Indonesia made big promises about boosting its electricity supply, and is making decent progress.