In the news
- Indonesia turns to Australian imports to keep beef affordable over Ramadhan.
- President Jokowi nominates a new national police chief with strong counter-terrorism credentials.
- As Indonesia’s central bank cuts interest rates, Bloomberg looks at how the institution’s reputation has grown under current leadership.
- The ABC’s @ADHarves looks at joint efforts to save the wreck of HMAS Perth, lost in the Sunda Strait during WWII.
- Indonesian doctors have criticised the government’s plans to use chemical castration as a way of tackling sexual violence.
At the AIYA Blog
- AIYA’s Nicholas Mark and Arjuna Dibley gave a youth perspective on the relationship as part of the Australia-Indonesia Leaders Program.
Events & opportunities
- Sydney, 23 June: Join AIYA NSW for a night of lively and entertaining debate at our inaugural Great Garooda Debate!
- At the AIYA Jobs Board: use your knowledge of Indonesia as a Web Intelligence Analyst at the Office of National Assessments.