In the news
- Indonesia has sent a message over maritime sovereignty by holding a cabinet meeting aboard a warship in the South China Sea.
- Amelia Long at ASPI looks at Indonesia’s options in confronting the South China Sea issue.
- The Wall Street Journal looks at the threats to Indonesia’s culturally and historically significant clove industry.
- Hendri Yulius looks at what happens when a celebrity couple subvert some traditional ideas of gender and marriage.
At the AIYA Blog
- We’ve got a great story about Alifia, one of the young Indonesians working on a cattle station as part of the Northern Territory Cattlemen’s Association Indonesia–Australia Pastoral Program (NIAPP).
Events & opportunities
- At the AIYA Jobs Board, details on new short courses supported by the Australia Awards for Leaders, Entrepreneurs and Innovators in technology startups, and the Women in Global Business (WIGB) program.