AIYA Links: 1 July
In the news
- The Economist says China has created a rival after recent maritime spats with Indonesia.
- Indonesia will step up oil exploration and fishing around the Natuna Islands in response.
- Reuters reports on the ‘expat exodus’ from Jakarta as Indonesia’s resources boom tapers off.
- Indonesia’s coal mining regions are left with a toxic legacy of ignored environmental laws.
- Allan Behm at the ASPI Strategist looks at Indonesia’s options in dealing with Natuna issues.
At the AIYA Blog
- Sinead Maguire has a recap of the fun at AIYA NSW’s recent Great Garooda Debate.
- Ingin tahu proses pemilihan umum di Australia? Simaklah ringkasan ini dari Kresno Brahmantyo.