The Australia Indonesia Association of NSW (AIA) is offering 2 scholarships to NSW high school students for an intensive 2-week Indonesian language course. The course includes daily tuition and real life tasks to practice what has been taught. It is held in Yogyakarta, Central Java, and is delivered by Indonesian teacher, Tata Survi, through AIA Victoria’s IndoAustay program. Course materials are aligned with the Australian and International Baccalaureate curriculum.
The AIA CommBank Scholarship includes:
- Return flight Sydney – Yogyakarta (domestic transfers if necessary)
- Accommodation at a homestay with an Indonesian family
- 2 week language course
- Orientation course and networking opportunities
Exclusions: Passport, visa and travel insurance.
- NSW Student in Yr 10 or 11 who is studying beginners, continuers or extension Bahasa Indonesia
- Ability in Bahasa Indonesia. Note: All levels are encouraged to apply
- Intention to continue with Indonesian language studies
- Engaged with the wider school and community on a range of activities
- Evidence of intention to continue Indonesian language for your HSC and possibly beyond
- Interested in being a cultural ambassador
- Open to sharing experiences via a blog or diary or blog and promoting the study of Bahasa Indonesia
- Increase confidence in using Bahasa Indonesia
- Encourage language learning excellence in your final years at high school.
- Have an experience of a lifetime
- Unique opportunity to share daily life with an Indonesian family
- Be inspired and encouraged to further your study of Bahasa Indonesia
- Explore Yogyakarta’s rich cultural history
- Acquire a deeper understanding of the world’s 4th most populous nation and Australia’s neighbour
How do students apply?
- Apply online here by August 3. If you would prefer an application in word format please contact us at [email protected].
- Download and complete the Consent Form and email to [email protected] by the closing date. This will need to be signed off by the school principal.
- Shortlisted candidates to complete a Skype interview with AIA NSW.
These scholarships are made possible with the generous support of the Commonwealth Bank.
August 3, 2016 Applications close
End August, 2016 Winners announced
Nov – Dec, 2016 Orientation and liaison with host family
Jan 2-13, 2017 2 week immersion program (you will need to arrive in Yogyakarta before January 2, 2017).
For more information, please visit the website here.
Applications close on August 3, 2016.