In the news
- A cabinet reshuffle in Indonesia sees reform superstar Sri Mulyani Indrawati return to the finance portfolio.
- The Jakarta Post has in-depth analysis of the politics of the reshuffle.
- Human rights advocates are dismayed by the appointment of tainted ex-general Wiranto as the top law and security minister.
- Indonesia has attracted international opprobrium after executing prisoners who may have been wrongly convicted.
- Indonesian foreign policy heavyweights call in an open letter for a clearer stand from Jakarta on the South China Sea.
At the AIYA Blog
- @DubesAustralia aka Australian Ambassador Paul Grigson was at Asialink in Melbourne to spruik investment in Indonesia.
- The Australia Indonesia Centre publishes a report on its work promoting cross-border collaborative research.
Events & opportunities
- NAILA: the deadline to take part in the National Australia Indonesia Language Awards in the Executive, Native Speaker and People’s Choice (Group) categories is extended until 8 August.
- AIIA Commbank Scholarship 2017: check out this great opportunity for NSW high school students to benefit from intensive language training in Yogyakarta.