In the news
- Today’s demonstration by opponents of Jakarta Governor Ahok sparks a debate on race and religion in politics:
- President Jokowi will travel to Australia this weekend, with trade and investment a priority.
- Former Australian Defence Attache to Indonesia says the China factor is bringing us closer together.
- Pressure is coming off Indonesia’s economy, says the World Bank’s quarterly economic report.
At the AIYA Blog
- Congratulations to the awardees of NAILA 2016! Check out who won what at the AIYA Blog.
- We’ve also got a Q&A with the Australian winner of the recent ModCon digital art contest supported by the Australian Embassy, Jakarta.
Events & opportunities
- Sydney, 6 November: Tickets are still available to meet President Jokowi and enjoy a free concert at the Sydney Showgrounds.
- Keen on think tank work? The Australian Strategic Policy Institute is looking for Research Interns, and Indonesia’s prestigious CSIS is hiring a Researcher in International Relations.