In the news
- The troubles of Jakarta Governor Ahok escalated after he was named a suspect in a blasphemy investigation.
- @_DaveMcRae_ talks to Monash’s Nadirsyah Hosen about the politics of the case.
- Academic Lies Marcoes: Ahok’s predicament reveals the complexities of interpreting the Qur’an.
- UNSW’s Melissa Crouch says the charges are a show of force by radicals as Amnesty International condemns the move.
- Long reads: Citizenship and Democracy in Southeast Asia includes in-depth research on grassroots state-society relations in Indonesia.