AIYA Links: the AIYA Annual 2016
As the year draws to a close, we’re delighted to launch the AIYA Annual, our inaugural wrap-up of AIYA’s achievements and highlights of 2016. The AIYA Annual provides an opportunity to showcase the diverse range of engaging activities and initiatives that you may have missed during the year.
We’d like to take the opportunity to thank all of our members, volunteers, and supporters for helping AIYA break new ground in 2016. We extend our warm wishes as well to everybody celebrating Christmas, and look forward to your continued support in 2017. Selamat Natal dan Tahun Baru!
In the news
- The Indonesia at Melbourne crew have a great summary of how their contributors covered the big events in 2016.
- At East Asia Forum, former minister Mari Pangestu looks back on the year in which Indonesia became an oasis of economic stability.
- ANU’s Marcus Mietzner makes the case that Indonesian secularism is under threat from a growing ‘Islamist populism’.
- OM TELOLET OM. Don’t know what that means? Buzzfeed will set you straight.
At the AIYA Blog
- Don’t miss the feature drawing on our Survey Report: is the language barrier really much of an impediment to bilateral relations?