In the news
- Reuters this week reports of tensions between President Jokowi and controversial military chief Gatot Nurmantyo.
- Tycoon Hary Tanoesoedibjo says he’ll soon head to the US to advance business deals with the Trump family business.
- Indonesian government lawyers tell the Constitutional Court that premarital sex should not be criminalised.
- At New Mandala, Sana Jaffery on in-depth research about the toll of grassroots vigilante violence in Indonesia.
At the AIYA Blog
- Thinking about the Darmasiswa Scholarship? Nicholas Combe explains how much he gained from his Darmasiswa experience in Yogya.
- Despite current tensions over religious tolerance and diversity in Indonesia, celebrating Christmas in West Timor is a hoot.
Events & opportunities
- Great opportunities from the Australia Awards program:
- There’s support for short business courses in Australia.
- Nominations are also open for the 2017 Alumni Awards, extended to outstanding members of the Australia Awards alumni community.
- The Alumni Grant Scheme is now accepting project proposals from Australia Awards alumni.
- Applications are now open for Asialink’s Australia-ASEAN Emerging Leaders Program.