In the news
- Constitutional Court Justice Patrialis Akbar has been detained after allegedly being caught red handed accepting bribes.
- New polling (in Indonesian) shows Jakarta Governor Ahok in the lead in his fight for reelection next month.
- FT: sensitivity to criticism gives the wrong impression about how vulnerable Indonesia’s economy really is.
- The planned Trump resort in Bali may clash with local customs and livelihoods, Bloomberg reports.
At the AIYA Blog
- Learn how the Working Holiday Visa helped Oki Mustopa expand his skills and outlook by working in Australia.
Events & opportunities
- At the Jobs Board: a Financing/Engineering Internship for Indonesian students with Inenco Group (Australia-based).
- The Open Society Foundation is looking for a (London-based) Program Officer working on Southeast Asia.