In the news
- The latest meeting between Australian and Indonesian law and security ministers sees cybersecurity ties boosted.
- ‘Mothers to Bombers’: the Institute for Policy Analysis of Conflict’s on the role of female Jihadis in Indonesia.
- ‘Indonesia’s Watergate’: former president SBY isn’t happy about his phone calls allegedly being monitored.
- Ariel Heryanto chats to Jemma Purdey about the blasphemy trial of Jakarta’s governor.
At the AIYA Blog
- Wawancara dengan pemenang Mahesa Desaga tentang filmnya Nunggu Teka, yang meraih anugerah Best Short Film di Festival Sinema Australia Indonesia (FSAI) 2017.
Events & opportunities
- La Trobe university is looking for Research Officers for a project on journalism redundancies, including a focus on Indonesia.
- The University of Queensland is seeking qualified Indonesian language teachers to tutor government employees in Canberra.
- The Australian Institute of International Affairs for WA (AIIA WA) is currently offering two bursaries worth $2,000 to young Western Australians under the age of 30 to study in Asia.