In the news
- President Jokowi will arrive in Sydney tomorrow for an overnight visit, with trade and economics dominating the agenda.
- The president tells The Australian he will raise possible joint patrols between Australia and Indonesia in the South China Sea.
- @_DaveMcRae_ writes in the Financial Review about the context surrounding the visit.
- Lowy’s @ConnellyAL says not to get your hopes up about what can be achieved in the short term.
- Meanwhile, Indonesia looks to be headed to a legal stoush with mining giant Freeport over the company’s contract.
At the AIYA Blog
- Learning Indonesian: what’s the point? A Bandung-based instructor offers her perspective.
Events & opportunities
- Indonesian citizens and diaspora can meet President Jokowi at a special event in Sydney this Sunday. See the Eventbrite page for full details.