In the news
- After President Jokowi’s visit to Australia, Tim Lindsey says there’s still little of substance being done about people-to-people links.
- @Busch_Matthew says on the trade front, Australians need to lower their expectations (paywall).
- Jokowi courts Saudi investment as King Salman visits Jakarta, while humanitarian issues are sidelined.
At the AIYA Blog
- AIYA’s Owen James was on hand to record the warm response of Sydneysiders to President Jokowi’s visit last weekend.
- Read AIYA National’s submission to the DFAT Foreign Policy White Paper.
Events & opportunities
- The Australian Embassy Jakarta is accepting applications for its not-to-be-missed postgraduate internships program.
- Brisbane, 9 March: Eko Supriyanto’s Cry Jailolo – one night only! AIYA members receive a discount, so contact email@example.com for details.
- Sydney, 11 March: Australia Indonesia Awards Presentation. Grab your gala dinner tickets to see which of the inspiring finalists will win.
- Sydney, 14 March: the hit remake of classic comedy Warkop DKI is screening at Hoyts Broadway
- Perth, 16 March: AIYA WA and the Australia Indonesia Business council host an expert panel on the Jakarta gubernatorial elections.
- 21-23 March: The critically acclaimed comedy ‘Cek Toko Sebelah’ will be screening in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Details about AIYA’s Canberra and Perth screenings coming soon!
- Mel/Syd/Cbr/Drw, until 9 April: see The Age of Bones, an Australian-Indonesian biting and magical satire play set deep beneath the sea!
Menjadi anggota AIYA, yuk! Sign-up as an AIYA Member today to be part of the peak organisation for young people in the Australia-Indonesia relationship, and to find out about the latest events and opportunities from your local chapter.