In the news
- The March World Bank’s Indonesia Economic Quarterly places the focus on how the services sector could be unshackled for job creation.
- Finance Minister Sri Mulyani tells the FT that they’re really trying when it comes to microeconomic reform.
- The Jakarta Post on how the digital music revolution results in hard times for an historic Indonesian recording studio.
- We caught up with sports consultant Paul Mead to chat about how he’s pursued his passion the industry in Indonesia.
- Check out the amazing NAILA 2016 Primary, Junior and Middle School Awardees – subscribe to the NAILA YouTube channel to keep in touch with the latest videos from the incredible young Australians that speak Bahasa Indonesia!
- #ICYMI, View AIYA’s submission to the Australian Government’s 2017 Foreign Policy White Paper, which presents a series of comprehensive recommendations to deepen and diversify the Australia-Indonesia relationship.
- Melbourne, 24 March: As Worlds Divide Film premiere and campaign launch.
- Brisbane, 24 March: Put your passion for the bilateral relationship to the test at the AIYA QLD Australia-Indonesia Trivia Night.
- Yogyakarta, 24 March: Nonton Bareng: Ruma Maida at MovieBox Gejayan with AIYA YOG.
- Sydney & Darwin, late March: Don’t miss out on performances of ‘The Age of Bones’.
- Brisbane, 29 March: AIYA QLD presents a Migration and Visa Seminar, in association with Alex Halim & Associates.
- Adelaide, 30 March: AIYA SA’s monthly Indonesian language cafe.
- Brisbane 31 March: AIBC QLD’s Networking Event with Steven Ciobo, Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment.
- Facebook Live, 3 April: New Colombo Plan Mobility Grants information session (live-streamed event)
- Perth, 6 April: AIYA WA hosts a screening of the incredible ‘Cek Toko Sebelah’. Get your tickets now!
- Sydney, 8 April – ASYIK for Kids Festival – a day of dance, food and festivities with Suara Indonesia Dance Group in Marrickville.
- Perth, 8 April – AIBC WA hosts a special networking event to watch Western Australia’s very own Perth Glory FC take on 3 time A-League champions and Indonesian owned Brisbane Roar FC at NIB Stadium.
- Melbourne, 8-13 April – The Indonesian Film Festival is back for 2017 – grab your tickets here.
- Applications for the 2017 AIYA-Asialink Business Internship Program are now open. Every year, Asialink Business’ Sydney office offers a fantastic voluntary internship opportunity to the AIYA network supporting the great work Asialink does to boost Asia-literacy in Australian business. Check out the AIYA site for more details.
- AIYA Blog Co-Editor position: Join the AIYA team as a volunteer co-editor of our website blog.
- ACICIS Yogyakarta Program Assistant (Indonesian nationals only).
- Applications for the 2018 New Colombo Plan Mobility Programs are now open.