In the news
- Andrew Mantong on why Indonesians are more comfortable with Donald Trump than many westerners would assume.
- Lowy’s @ConnellyAL says Indonesia needs to broaden its too-narrow view of its interests in the South China Sea.
- Indonesia’s stoush with the Freeport mining company seems to be slouching towards resolution.
At the AIYA Blog
- We meet more Career Champions Robbie Gaspar, whose professional soccer career took him to Indonesia in the form of and beyond, and Mark Pillsworth, who promotes sustainability in Indonesian mining projects.
- Sydney, 8 April: ASYIK for Kids Festival – a day of dance, food and festivities with Suara Indonesia Dance Group in Marrickville.
- Perth, 8 April: AIBC WA hosts a special networking event to watch Western Australia’s very own Perth Glory FC take on 3 time A-League champions and Indonesian owned Brisbane Roar FC at NIB Stadium.
- Melbourne, 8-13 April: The Indonesian Film Festival is back for 2017 – grab your tickets here.
- Adelaide, 9 April: Join AIYA SA for their first Australia-Indonesia food swap picnic.
- Melbourne, 9 April: Supermentor comes to Melbourne, featuring Dino Patti Djalal, Iwan Sunito and telkomtelstra’s Erik Meijer.
- Sydney, 11 April: Check out Haymarket HQ’s Inspiration Series featuring entrepreneur Jackie Yun.
- Canberra, 12 April: Join AIYA ACT and ISA for Australian and Indonesian sport and food.
- Brisbane, 22 April: Celebrate Kartini Day with AIYA QLD and PIQ.
- Amnesty International is seeking a qualified Researcher for its new Indonesia office.
- Sydney: AIYA-Asialink Business Internship Program – applications Close at midnight tonight!
- The Sydney Southeast Asia Centre has a number of grants open for academics and students who wish to collaborate with partners at the University of Sydney. Applications close 28 April 2017.
- Want to study Bahasa Indonesia in Kupang over the uni break and earn credit? Ruili program registrations are open now!
- Applications for the 2018 New Colombo Plan Mobility Programs are now open. Contact your Universitiy’s International Office for more information about opportunities available via your University.