In the News
- #ICYMI – An ANU play of ‘Sri Ngilang‘ in Bahasa Jawa from back in 2014 has gone viral…again! Be sure to check this one out.
- Fairfax’s Jewel Topsfield writes about Indonesia’s “deep concern” in Australian investigation of steel rods exported from Indonesia.
- Listen to Dave McRae and Wayne Palmer Talk Indonesia: Migrant Workers including the current Administration’s long term objectives.
- Tana Toraja has drawn tourists for their unique burial rituals and perspective on death, but could the new tourism drawing card be coffee?
- Turnbull continues to seek a high quality free trade agreement with Indonesia but there could be some road blocks.
On the blog
- Check out Mentari Rahman’s recap of the AIYA Eastern Indonesia launch event (in Bahasa Indonesia).
- Sydney, TONIGHT: PPIA Maquarie’s Soudquriang 4 hosts Indonesian superstars Nidji, Project Pop and Tulus at Enmore Theatre!
- Sydney, 2 September: Book launch of Ian Burnet’s ‘Where Australia Collides with Asia‘ at Glebebooks.
- Canberra, 5 September: Join AIYA ACT and ANU ISA for their language exchange session at Fellows Bar.
- Melbourne, 7 September: University of Melbourne hosts a free public lecture on Indonesian Contemporary Art Inside/.
- Perth, 9 September: PPIA WA’s hosts Serenata feat. RAN and Kunto Aji!
- Sydney, 14 September: AIYA NSW AGM. See below for details.
- Brisbane, 28 September: AIYA QLD hosts an Indonesia Opportunities Networking Event. Save the date for this one!
- Join AIYA NSW! The AGM is coming up on 14 September. Please contact email@example.com for details about how to get involved.
- AIYEP 2017 – Applications are now open for the Australia Indonesia Youth Exchange Program (AIYEP) 2017/2018. This core program within the Australia Indonesia Institute is now in its 36th year!