AIYA Links: 31 December
In the news
- Parts of the Northern Territory have been rocked by an overnight earthquake off the coast of Indonesia..The epicentre was about 250km northeast of Dili and 50km east of Indonesia’s Maluku islands. (7News)
- Dr Mukhamad Najib, Educational and Cultural Attaché of the Republic of Indonesia in Canberra, explained what programs are being and will be implemented to promote and strengthen relations between Indonesia and Australia. (SBS Indonesian)
- “Melbourne merupakan kota ‘foodie’ dimana ada sekitar 3.500 restoran dengan hidangan dari 75 negara berbeda. 40 diantaranya merupakan restoran Indonesia dan banyak orang mengkonsumsi tempe, namun tidak tahu cara pembuatan tempe. (Buset)
- Tony Johns is in conversation with Greg Fealy, a scholar of Indonesian politics and history specialising in Islam. Tune in their discussion about Indonesia-Australia relations. (The Indonesianists)
- AIYA Indigenous Engagement Events! Kumpul, AIYA’s Indigenous Engagement Committee have worked to construct and host some events in celebration:
- Kumpul’s First Nations Book Club launched earlier this year. Through the Book Club, we hope to learn from indigenous perspectives. On 23 Jan 2022 at 7pm AEDT/3pm WIB, we’ll be meeting online to discuss The Yield by Tara June Winch. Tara is a Wiradjuri woman, an acclaimed writer and winner of the 2020 Miles Franklin Award (for this book!). Interested? Join the WA group here and/or the FB group here.
- JOIN AIYA ON DISCORD! AIYA would like to cordially invite you to join our new Discord, an online group-chatting platform. We will be using Discord a digital hub for AIYA activities including:
- FLEX – our online language exchange is on Discord and open to anyone with any level of Indonesian and English. FLEX will return on 16 January 2022. Stay tuned!
- Games nights – AIYA will be hosting casual and impromptu gatherings on Discord
- Ngobrol santai – any AIYA member will be able to join and chat with other members whenever you want.
- JOIN AIYA IN-PERSON LANGUAGE EXCHANGE! LX is back in multiple locations across Australia. Connect, chill, and converse with like-minded youth, meet new friends and engage in cross-cultural exchange. In-person language exchange is on:
- WA: Every second Wednesday, 6pm, Old Shanghai Northbridge. Follow @aiya_wa on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- VIC: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Carlton Gardens (outside IMAX). Follow @aiya_victoria on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- 8 Jan Australia Awards in Indonesia is hosting a workshop to upskill your grant proposal writing. Limited seats, register here by 6 Jan.
- AIYA Sulsel is recruiting for Professional Program Officer, Education Officer, and Communications Officer. Apply by 2 Jan here.
- AIYA NSW is looking for motivated persons to join their committee as Professional Programs and Social-Cultural officers. Apply here by 5 Jan.
- AIYA JaBar opens new committee recruitment. Positions available: Treasurer, Event Officer, and Communications Officer. Apply by 8 Jan here.
- NAILA is receiving applications to fill in a new Director position who is passionate about improving Indonesia-Australia relations through language studies. Access the position description here and apply by 10 Jan.
- AIYA National is looking for new officers across multiple teams; Blog, Links, Payment Solutions, and Operations Coordinators at AIYA. Find the position descriptions here and apply by 17 Jan.
- Monash University researchers are seeking Indonesian undergraduate and postgraduate students who have remained in Australia during the pandemic (2020-2021). The study aims to understand how the pandemic has impacted on Indonesian students. Send your interest to Jemma Purdey and Antje Missbach: [email protected]. Online interviews will be anonymous held in January 2022.
- IA-CEPA ECP Katalis is looking for an Advanced manufacturing/services Adviser’s work will support the development of deeper market integration through industry engagement and business partnerships. Apply here by 28 Dec.
- Asialink Leaders Program is Australia’s premier program for Asia capable leaders, offering a transformational experience with the latest insights, capabilities, and connections to position you for success with the region. Apply by 31 Dec here.
- KIAT (Indonesia-Australia Partnership for Infrastructure) is looking for Program Officer and Senior Program Officer for Infrastructure Funding and Financing. Apply here by 31 Dec.
- Prospera is collaborating with the Coordinating Ministry of Economic Affairs (CMEA) and the Kartu Prakerja Project Management Office (PMO) and looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to help build Prakerja’s Recommendation system. Apply here by 31 Dec.
- Prospera is collaborating with the Coordinating Ministry of Economic Affairs (CMEA) and the Kartu Prakerja Project Management Office (PMO) and looking for Senior Back-end Engineer to help deploy the collaborative-based machine learning models to the Kartu Prakerja system. Apply here by 31 Dec.
- Cardno International Development is looking for a Program Officer – Infrastructure Funding and Financing (IFF). Apply here by 31 Dec.
- Australian Strategic Policy Institute is looking for recent graduates to contribute to ASPI publications, research and events programs. Apply here by 3 Jan.
- Prospera is looking for a capable Research Analyst (RA) to support the Trade and Investment Team in addressing the analytic needs of the Trade and Investment as part of the broader Breakthrough 1 area. Apply here by 3 Jan.
- The University of Sydney, Sydney Southeast Asia Centre is looking for a Knowledge Translation Officer. Apply by 9 Jan. More information can be found here.
- Australia Awards Indonesia is calling for proposals for Alumni Grant Scheme to support initiatives that create impact in alumni’s professional field, organisation and community. Submit your application before 23 Jan and access more info here.
- ASAH Emerging Scholar Award is receiving submissions for academic papers on any subject in Asian Humanities. Submit your academic papers here and get the chance to win the award of 200 AUD. Submissions closed on 31 Jan 2022.
- Do you have a great Indonesia-Australia business development idea that needs connecting and support? Submit your ideas to Katalis through its business portal here. Proposals can be submitted all year, and will be subject to approval from the governments of Indonesia and Australia.
- Kemlu (Indonesia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs) are conducting their annual survey of how Indonesia is viewed by the world. Take it here.
- Stream the ReelOzInd! 2021 film festival on demand here. The film festival, now in its 6th year, saw winners announced for several categories on the theme of ‘connection’. Read more about it here.
- DFAT has established the Emerging Markets Impact Investment Fund (EMIIF) which seeks to support development ideas across the Indo-Pacific region. If you have a bright development idea consider applying for support here.
- Australia Awards Indonesia have created an OzAlumni podcast, catch up on episodes here.
- Lakoat Kujawas is calling for proposals for the art residency program 2021-2022! The community of Taiftob Village, Mollo, NTT is open for collaboration with interdisciplinary artists and food activists. More info here.
- The Australian National University is seeking a Senior Partnerships Manager (here) and Senior Partnerships Officer (here) to be based in Jakarta. The role will primarily focus on student recruitment activities and partnerships in Indonesia.
- Asia Options has two vacant positions; Marketing Specialist and Country Correspondent Roles to join the team. See here for more info.
- Australian Volunteers is temporarily suspending overseas placements but are continuing to support partner organisations through remote volunteering. If you’re interested in volunteering in-country then check-out a range of opportunities here.
- Inside Indonesia publishes original pieces on a wide range of political, social, environmental, and cultural issues in Indonesia. They accept articles from a diverse range of people who have an interest in Indonesia. To find out how to contribute, click here.
Like what we do? Want to join or support your local chapter to contribute to our exciting activities? Sign up as an AIYA member today!