AIYA Links: 14 January
Omicron menjadi varian yang paling banyak ditemukan saat ini dalam penularan COVID-19 di Australia. Australia sedang kewalahan menangani penularan, yang bisa mencapai puluhan ribu kasus per hari, seperti di Sydney dan Melbourne.
In the news
- When Australia announced the AUKUS pact together with the United States and United Kingdom, it knew that China would be hostile and France would be disappointed. (The Strategist)
- Since the first day of isolation, Ms Martanti has been sharing her story with her almost 10,000 followers on Instagram. Her followers, many of whom are Indonesian community members, “bombarded” her with questions about symptoms, where to find RAT kits, and what to do during isolation. (ABC)
- As Australia opens up its borders to international students, Indonesians studying there have taken the earliest chance they can to re-enter. They share their stories of returning back down under. (Jakarta Post)
- Indonesia, the world’s biggest thermal coal exporter, has allowed 37 loaded coal vessels to depart after they secured approvals from authorities. (Canberra Times)
- A recent study by the Australian Government’s Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment found that Indonesia’s demand for food is expanding, and consumers’ preferences are becoming increasingly diverse. Listen to the Katalis Podcast here.
- AIYA Indigenous Engagement Events! Kumpul, AIYA’s Indigenous Engagement Committee have worked to construct and host some events in celebration:
- Kumpul’s First Nations Book Club launched earlier this year. Through the Book Club, we hope to learn from indigenous perspectives. On 23 Jan 2022 at 7pm AEDT/3pm WIB, we’ll be meeting online to discuss The Yield by Tara June Winch. Tara is a Wiradjuri woman, an acclaimed writer and winner of the 2020 Miles Franklin Award (for this book!). Interested? Join the WA group here and/or the FB group here.
- JOIN AIYA ON DISCORD! AIYA would like to cordially invite you to join our new Discord, an online group-chatting platform. We will be using Discord a digital hub for AIYA activities including:
- FLEX – our online language exchange is on Discord and open to anyone with any level of Indonesian and English. FLEX will return on 16 January 2022. Stay tuned!
- Games nights – AIYA will be hosting casual and impromptu gatherings on Discord
- Ngobrol santai – any AIYA member will be able to join and chat with other members whenever you want.
- JOIN AIYA IN-PERSON LANGUAGE EXCHANGE! LX is back in multiple locations across Australia. Connect, chill, and converse with like-minded youth, meet new friends and engage in cross-cultural exchange. In-person language exchange is on:
- WA: Every second Wednesday, 6pm, Old Shanghai Northbridge. Follow @aiya_wa on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- VIC: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Carlton Gardens (outside IMAX). Follow @aiya_victoria on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- AIYA National is looking for new officers across multiple teams; Blog, Links, Payment Solutions, and Operations Coordinators at AIYA. Find the position descriptions here and apply by 17 Jan.
- AIYA Jawa Barat is looking for new officers in treasury, communications and events positions. Apply here here by 20 Jan.
- AIYA QLD is looking for new officers in treasury and events positions. Apply here here by 31 Jan.
- TechieRank.com is a free service from an Aussie Startup that is aiming to help young Indonesian techies stand out to recruiters and employers. Find out more here
- Monash University researchers are seeking Indonesian undergraduate and postgraduate students who have remained in Australia during the pandemic (2020-2021). The study aims to understand how the pandemic has impacted on Indonesian students. Send your interest to Jemma Purdey and Antje Missbach: [email protected] Online interviews will be anonymous and held in January 2022.
- Austrade is looking for a Global Engagement Manager to lead a team of advisers, and in conjunction with our partners, our client-focused GEMs will provide our clients with services and advice to help them export. Apply here by 16 Jan.
- The University of Melbourne is looking for a Manager, Partnerships and Development will be responsible for lead generation, driving sales, and managing client relationships for all Asialink Business service offerings. Apply here by 20 Jan.
- KEMITRAAN is looking for candidates for the Chief of Party position on an anti-corruption program in Indonesia. Apply here by 21 Jan.
- KEMITRAAN is looking for candidates for the Deputy Chief of Party position on an anti-corruption program in Indonesia. Apply here by 21 Jan.
- KEMITRAAN is looking for candidates for the Finance and Grants Manager position on an anti-corruption program in Indonesia. Apply here by 21 Jan.
- Cardno has multiple Australia-Indonesia related roles in legal/regulatory reform, international trade (economist & advisory). Apply by 23 Jan.
- Prospera is looking for a qualified Senior Adviser (Tax Administration) to support the establishment of a carbon tax administration. Apply here by 23 Jan.
- Australia Awards Indonesia is calling for proposals for Alumni Grant Scheme to support initiatives that create impact in alumni’s professional field, organisation and community. Submit your application before 23 Jan and access more info here.
- The City of Melbourne and HEX are offering an interactive 5-day program designed to support early stage founders interested in exploring a potential product-market fit for their startup within one of the key Southeast Asian markets of Indonesia, Singapore or Vietnam. Apply here by 27 Jan.
- ASAH Emerging Scholar Award is receiving submissions for academic papers on any subject in Asian Humanities. Submit your academic papers here and get the chance to win the award of 200 AUD. Submissions closed on 31 Jan 2022.
- Do you have a great Indonesia-Australia business development idea that needs connecting and support? Submit your ideas to Katalis through its business portal here. Proposals can be submitted all year, and will be subject to approval from the governments of Indonesia and Australia.
- Stream the ReelOzInd! 2021 film festival on demand here. The film festival, now in its 6th year, saw winners announced for several categories on the theme of ‘connection’. Read more about it here.
- DFAT has established the Emerging Markets Impact Investment Fund (EMIIF) which seeks to support development ideas across the Indo-Pacific region. If you have a bright development idea consider applying for support here.
- Lakoat Kujawas is calling for proposals for the art residency program 2021-2022! The community of Taiftob Village, Mollo, NTT is open for collaboration with interdisciplinary artists and food activists. More info here.
- The Australian National University is seeking a Senior Partnerships Manager (here) and Senior Partnerships Officer (here) to be based in Jakarta. The role will primarily focus on student recruitment activities and partnerships in Indonesia.
- Asia Options has two vacant positions; Marketing Specialist and Country Correspondent Roles to join the team. See here for more info.
- Australian Volunteers is temporarily suspending overseas placements but are continuing to support partner organisations through remote volunteering. If you’re interested in volunteering in-country then check-out a range of opportunities here.
- Inside Indonesia publishes original pieces on a wide range of political, social, environmental, and cultural issues in Indonesia. They accept articles from a diverse range of people who have an interest in Indonesia. To find out how to contribute, click here.
Like what we do? Want to join or support your local chapter to contribute to our exciting activities? Sign up as an AIYA member today!