AIYA Links: 18 February
KSAD Indonesia-Australia sepakat perkuat kerja sama pasca-Covid-19. Kerjasama akan diprioritaskan pada bidang latihan dan pendidikan.
In the news
- Pusat Koperasi Produsen Tempe Tahu Indonesia (Puskopti) Jawa Barat akan mogok produksi pada 21 hingga 23 Februari 2022 mendatang. Hal ini diakibtkan oleh naiknya harga kedelai dengan tidak terkendali. (Kompas)
- Presiden Jokowi melepas ekspor perdana produk otomotif mobil Fortuner ke Australia pada Selasa yang lalu di Karawang. Hal tersebut merupakan salah satu milestone bagi kebangkitan produk otomotif Indonesia yang sesuai standar produk global, terutama Australia terkenal memiliki spesifikasi yang ketat. (Kompas)
- Recently, Indonesia was named as the country with the most beautiful panoramas and natural scenery in the world, due to every 100,000 square kilometers there are always be natural beauty such as mountains, volcanoes, coral reefs, and tropical forests. (SEA Today News)
- On February 16, 1942, Sister Vivian Bullwinkel and Matron Irene Drummond were among a group of 22 nurses who were ordered by Japanese soldiers to walk into the waters off Banka Island, Indonesia. Sister Bullwinkel was the only survivor of the massacre. (ABC Australia)
- Principal Gillian Stuart and Bilingual Program Coordinator Karl Krause from Scotts Head Public School discuss the challenges and successes of their bilingual Indonesian program and how they advocate for intercultural learning in their community and beyond. Listen to the interview here.
- AIYA Indigenous Engagement Events! Kumpul, AIYA’s Indigenous Engagement Committee have worked to construct and host some events in celebration:
- JOIN AIYA ON DISCORD! AIYA would like to cordially invite you to join our new Discord, an online group-chatting platform. We will be using Discord a digital hub for AIYA activities including:
- FLEX – our online language exchange is on Discord and open to anyone with any level of Indonesian and English. FLEX will return on 16 January 2022. Stay tuned!
- Games nights – AIYA will be hosting casual and impromptu gatherings on Discord
- Ngobrol santai – any AIYA member will be able to join and chat with other members whenever you want.
- JOIN AIYA IN-PERSON LANGUAGE EXCHANGE! LX is back in multiple locations across Australia. Connect, chill, and converse with like-minded youth, meet new friends and engage in cross-cultural exchange. In-person language exchange is on:
- VIC: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Carlton Gardens (outside IMAX). Follow @aiya_victoria on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- Charles Darwin University is hosting the Understanding Indonesia: Movers and Shakers conference on 18 February. Register here.
- AIYA National is hosting a panel discussion on Australia and Indonesia in 2022 and beyond. The event will be on 19 Feb at 7.15am WIB. Register here.
- Dharma Wanita Persatuan of the Indonesian Embassy is hosting a joint webinar to share knowledge and experience and equip the audience with the know-how in dealing with the pandemic as an individual, family members and community. Register by 19 February here.
- AIYA NSW is hosting Malam Trivia on 19 February via Zoom covering topics on all things Australia and Indonesia. Contact Nathan Franklin and register here.
- Festival Sinema Australia Indonesia (FSAI) will be held virtually on 19 – 27 Feb. Join the screening of the best Indonesian and Australian movies across genres for free here.
- Monash University is hosting its first hybrid MISS webinar, on The Power of Sports Diplomacy: How we can grow Indonesia-Australia relations. The webinar will be held on 3 Mar in person at the Matheson Library and online here.
- AIATSIS Summit calls for papers! This year’s theme, Navigating the spaces in between, foregrounds the brilliance and value of Indigenous ways of knowing and seeing the world. Submit your abstract by 15 Mar and attend the summit on 30 May – 3 Jun. More info here.
- VGTI Southeast Asia is seeking Education Services Director, Reporting to the Commissioner for Victoria to SEA, to be stationed in the Jakarta office. Apply here by 20 Feb.
- CQUniversity Australia is looking for their next CEO Indonesia Operations to take the lead in making a difference in international higher education and achieve outstanding results beyond the typical University approach. Apply by 20 Feb here.
- AIYA SA is inviting people passionate about Aus-Indo relations to join the 2022 Committee as President, Treasurer and Secretary. Nominate yourself by 21 Feb here.
- Monash Indonesia is looking for Digital Media Coordinator and Student Recruitment Support Officer (27 Feb) and HR Business Partner (13 Mar). More info here.
- Indigo Foundation is recruiting a volunteer to fill a Partnership Coordinator role to manage the community development partnership in Indonesia with local women-led organisation PEKKA Lodan Doe. The position is Australia-based. Apply by 11 Mar here.
- Prospera is looking for a seasoned and experience leader as the Head of Fiscal Policy to lead Prospera’s Improving Public Finances & Government Performance team. Apply by 14 Mar here
- ACICIS is calling for alumni to participate in FGD and interviews for Elena Williams’s PhD research, to help better understand the gaps in student and host experiences of study abroad, and the ways Australians and Indonesians get to know each other through in-country programs like those offered by ACICIS. Submit your interest here by 30 Mar.
- Asialink Leaders Program offers a transformational experience that will equip you with the latest insights, capabilities, and connections to position you for success with Asia. Apply by 31 Mar here.
- The Australian National University is calling for applications for Ruth Daroesman Graduate Study Grant and ANU Indonesia Project Research Travel Grant. Submit your application before 3 Apr.
- The University of Melbourne is looking for an Associate Director for Advocacy & Business Services who will build and shape the business unit, providing strategic direction and management. Apply here.
- The University of Melbourne is looking for an Associate Director Stakeholder Engagement who will be responsible for working with the CEO Asialink Business in managing key stakeholder relationships, with a particular focus on Government. Apply here.
- ACICIS intends to provide in-country study again from semester 2, 2022. In the meantime, we encourage you to register your interest by completing the first part of their online application form.
- Business Smart Solutions is looking for a motivated IT Project and Relationship Coordinator to join their Sydney team, with at least 1-year of professional experience, including project management experience or interest. Apply here.
- Australian Awards Scholarship sudah buka! Dengan beasiswa ini, kamu bisa mendapatkan beasiswa fully-funded saat kuliah di Australia! Daftar sebelum 29 April, info lebih lanjut di sini.
- Bukalapak, an Indonesian-based tech unicorn with over 100 million users, 2 thousand plus employees, and a brand new office opening right here in Melbourne! They are looking for multiple positions in Software Engineering in Sydney and Melbourne. Apply here.
- Australian Government is receiving applications for Working Holiday Maker program that allows young adults to have a 12 month holiday, during which they can undertake short-term work and study. More info here.
- Do you have a great Indonesia-Australia business development idea that needs connecting and support? Submit your ideas to Katalis through its business portal here. Proposals can be submitted all year, and will be subject to approval from the governments of Indonesia and Australia.
- Kemitraan is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified candidates for Anti-Corruption Program. Register for consideration when vacant positions are available here.
- TechieRank.com is a free service from an Aussie Startup that is aiming to help young Indonesian techies stand out to recruiters and employers. Find out more here.
- DFAT has established the Emerging Markets Impact Investment Fund (EMIIF) which seeks to support development ideas across the Indo-Pacific region. If you have a bright development idea consider applying for support here.
- Lakoat Kujawas is calling for proposals for the art residency program 2021-2022! The community of Taiftob Village, Mollo, NTT is open for collaboration with interdisciplinary artists and food activists. More info here.
- The Australian National University is seeking a Senior Partnerships Manager (here) and Senior Partnerships Officer (here) to be based in Jakarta. The role will primarily focus on student recruitment activities and partnerships in Indonesia.
- The Australian National University is offering a course on introduction to Indonesia’s economy and policy environment. This is a chance to learn from world experts on the Indonesian economy in a two-day intensive course. More info here.
- Asia Options has two vacant positions; Marketing Specialist and Country Correspondent Roles to join the team. See here for more info.
- Asia Society is looking for a Special Assistant and Advisor to the President. Apply here.
- Australian Volunteers is temporarily suspending overseas placements but are continuing to support partner organisations through remote volunteering. If you’re interested in volunteering in-country then check-out a range of opportunities here.
- Inside Indonesia publishes original pieces on a wide range of political, social, environmental, and cultural issues in Indonesia. They accept articles from people who have an interest in Indonesia. To find out how to contribute, click here.
- Indonesian teachers: Scots College, Sydney is looking for Indonesian teachers.
- Fullerton Services is looking for a freelance interpreter (all languages) to work in a range of governmental and private companies. Apply here.
Like what we do? Want to join or support your local chapter to contribute to our exciting activities? Sign up as an AIYA member today!