AIYA Links for 8 March, 2013
Don’t forget you can receive these posts direct to your inbox every week!
- Radio Australia interviews David Hill on the Coalition’s ‘new Colombo plan’ policy.
- Two AIYA members took part in this week’s Indonesia-Australia dialogue: some thoughts on Julie Bishop’s speech.
- Radio Australia interviewed a number of participants at the dialogue.
- The ABC’s Helen Brown reports on a new initiative by the Jakarta Correspondent’s Club, supporting and training local documentary makers.
- Alexander Downer says that with a federal election looming, “it’s time to start caring about Indonesia“.
- Jokowi and Campbell Newman have a lot in common: going local in our relationship with Indonesia.
- In the Lowy Interpreter, Gary Hogan profiles a promising new generation of TNI leaders.
- A bridge across the divide: how schools are connecting Australia and Indonesia.
- Natalie Sambhi, writing for the ASPI Strategist blog, discusses Jokowi and Indonesia’s presidential politics.
..dalam Bahasa Indonesia:
- Australia ingin kirim lebih banyak warga belajar dan kerja di RI: laporan dari Indonesia-Australia Dialogue.
- Profil program AIYEP: Indonesian menginspirasi kaum muda Australia
- Laporan khusus tentang Suara Indonesia Dance Group di Sydney.
- Cerita Kompas tentang orangtua asuh di Australia.
Events and opportunities:
- The Indonesian Government are accepting applications for a three-month arts and culture scholarship.
- ..and the Australian government is accepting applications for the 2014 Australia Awards Scholarship.
- The Jakarta Globe are looking for English-language copy editors.